Molly totally earned 1000 tickets on the game Pirate’s Hook at Pinballz Arcade today. Molly and I work as a team. She times the fishing pole while I reel in the fish as quickly as possibly. We’ve can usually came away with 20-30 tickets in a solid round.
But today Molly hit the jackpot and got the golden crab for 1000 tickets. I couldn’t believe it!
We earned a total of 1400 tickets for the day. Molly, with her usual patience, chose a bag of Haribo Happy Cola gummies at a cost 300 tickets for today. She decided to save the remaining 1100 tickets for a lava lamp next time we come, probably in a few months.
Claire missed the action because she was hanging out at Susie’s today, recovering from our Dads’ Spring Break trip.
My friend Joel had his girls for spring break this year, and so did it. We decided to take our girls on a road trip and, thanks to AirBnB, ended a 14-bed ranch near Fredericksburg. We invited Claire’s best friend Susie along for good measure. So it was two dads and five girls, although I often referred to us as seven girls. 🤷🏻♂️
- Late nights (like 10 pm!) in the hot tub
- Fire pit and s’mores
- Hearty meals for seven, with ingredients bought from WalMart – spaghetti and meatballs, pancakes, cinnamon rolls
- A ride on the “mule” to see the neighbor’s baby goats
- Enchanted Rock. Molly and Maddie were the first up to the top! They won on pure enthusiasm, which the other girls lacked.
- The Pacific War Museum. I tried to squeeze in some short lectures on how crazy that war was and how cool Nimitz was, with only limited to moderate success.
- A fudge store that Maddie was constantly dying to go to. I got a chocolate-covered pickle, because what the hell?
- The girls’ definite favorite, Earthbound Trading Co, a New Age / hippie store. We came back at least three times. Claire ended up with a Himalayan salt lamp, a Ganesh, some ying/yang balls, and some polished stones totaling about $72. I admit I got three stones myself; those things were so dang smooth!
- Luckenbach, TX. This may have been a little too “country” for Claire, who wanted to get out of there for fear of being shot. From looking around, I think we were in greater danger of getting run over by a bicyclist. Or maybe cat allergies.
This is a screenshot that Molly put together for the blog. It’s her and Claire in the ROBLOX game “Murder Mystery”. Molly added a few decorations of her own.